Friday 19 December 2014

Stars & Stripes

I've slowly been uncovering a passion for all things DIY. Growing up, I would openly say that I was not a creative person. However, with age comes wisdom and acceptance of oneself... I now realise that creativity takes on many different forms.

One such form is my enjoyment of planning a birthday party or get together. It’s the small details that can make an event that much more special.You can read about some of my event planning forays on the blog (Monster Party and The Great Gatsby).


For my nephew’s 5th Birthday this year, he asked his mom for a Captain America themed cake. My sister then called in her party planner, aka me, and I started researching ideas on Pinterest. You can check out my inspiration board here.

I downloaded a Captain America font from the internet and then set about drafting a cake topper and invitation. I’ve loaded the final designs below. My sister loved them so much that she asked me to design the labels for MU's stationery for the new school year! :)
Captain America birthday invitation
Captain America cake topper
Captain America birthday cake
Stationery label



No comments:

Post a Comment