Sunday 16 November 2014

Msaki

I first discovered Msaki through my very cool friend Randomarivate. Rhandz had seen Msaki perform in Pretoria and when she got back to CT, she introduced me to Msaki’s street performance of ‘Dear Youth on Youtube. I was hooked.

She (Msaki not Rhandzu ;)) is an ah-may-zing singer-songwriter.


Msaki & the Qums-Qums came down to Cape Town in October to perform at the Bay Harbour Market and at a private home concert.
Yes, I attended both performances.
Yes, I bought her EP, Nal' Ithemba.
Yes, I got the band members to sign the cover.
Yes, I took groupie photos.
No, I do not regret anything.

Msaki's EP, Nal' Ithemba

I love all the songs on her EP! But my favourite-favourite songs so far are 'Dear Youth', 'Crimson Love', 'Liwa Lentliziyo' and 'Blood, Guns & Revolutions'. Her full album will be available in February 2015! *waiting (im)patiently*

Check out Msaki on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Soundcloud. (Am I a stalker fan or what????)
Crimson Love by Msaki
Crimson Love
My need for you is so steep
It is deeper than the valley
Steams in the light of the morning
And the world is still asleep
Crimson Love
My need for you is so steep
It is deeper than the valley
Steams in the light of the morning
And the world is still asleep
I need you so deep
Crimson Love
I've been reading high, searching deep
For the kind of love that you whisper to me in the eve
And man was still asleep
Crimson Love
And believing lies, acting weak
For the kind of love that you whisper to me through the eve
And man was still asleep
I need you so deep
Can you smell the thunder?
The clouds filled with laughter
The smell of love redemptive is back in the air (*I think this is what she says…*)
Can you smell the thunder?
The clouds filled with laughter
The smell of love redemptive is back in the air (*I think this is what she says…*)
Oh, I can smell the thunder
The clouds filled with laughter
The fall of crimson rain, it fills my well again
Oh, oh, oh, Crimson Love
It hurts when the blood flows again
But I am grace-stained 'cause you died and rose in the morning (thanks to Amanda for the update)
Now my heart no longer sleeps
Crimson Love
It hurts when the blood flows again
But I'm grace-stained because you died and rose in the morning (thanks to Amanda for the update)
You love me so deep
You love me so deep
You love me so deep
You love me so deep

*Apologies to Msaki if any of these lyrics are incorrect. I went old-school and listened to this song MANY times in an attempt to get the lyrics correct*

7 comments:

  1. I did say that this would be my Wedding Song if I were to ever get married!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did! And FYI, I'm going to be copying you... :D

      Delete
  2. You died and rose in the morning *
    I saw wuld love to hv thc play in my wedding too its magical nd so pure ♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the lyrics... this song makes me wanna cry...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this song.. and all the songs... i fell in love with Amanda's music at some elses wedding when she played live...ì love this song... i dont listen to all of me any more (john legend)....lol..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing this. I came across this lovely song on Soundcloud and it made me so emotional. It is such a beautiful song and I had to google hunt the lyrics which led me here :-)

    I think what she says is..."the smell of love redemptive is thick in the air"

    ReplyDelete