Friday 30 January 2015

God of Small Things

The God of Small Things is one of my favourite books of all time.

I found this book when I was in high school. It was sitting on the recently returned shelf at the Cape Town Central Library. The book cover intrigued me: moody-looking lily pads. So I checked it out of the library and read it.

Moody lily-pads


It was good. It was really good.  The author portrays children really well - their innocence, their happiness. Just reading about them, makes me happy. But also very sad in some instances...

Book relationship: Love
Reading mood: When you feel for something deep and forceful.
Story sense: The good, the bad and the ugly of people. (Side note: I cried)
Memorable quote (one of many!): She looked away. He did too. 
History’s fiends returned to claim them. To re-wrap them in its old, scarred pelt and drag them back to where they really lived. 
Where the Love Laws lay down who should be loved. And how. And how much.

No comments:

Post a Comment