Monday 5 January 2015

Seeing Samsung

Wazzup 2015! New Year, New Start and all that jazz. Peace and love to you all.

For the month of December I completed the Girl Gone International photo a day challenge (Photo Challenge). It was great fun and a few of my photos were featured on the GGI’s page! Yay!

It’s now time for a new challenge.

*drum roll*


Macro photography.


Instapost: Vega School Banner

I attended a Samsung Photography Workshop at the Vega School of Brand Leadership on 22 November 2014. I picked up numerous helpful hints and tips for taking photographs. I spent a large portion of the workshop going, “Wow! I didn’t know my camera could do that!”

One of the tips was to “fill the viewfinder”, i.e. capture the details of the subject. I’ve slowly been incorporating this tip when taking photographs, especially when taking pics of plants. I have been inspired to do a macro series as part of my photo-a-day challenge. So for the month of January, I will be posting macro photos of nature: flowers, plants, insects, etc.

Please feel free to follow my progress over on Instagram. And do share any macro photo-taking tips you may have! This is a learn-by-doing journey so I welcome tips, encouragement and constructive criticism. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment